Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lessons learned

With all the newness that comes with student teaching, so too comes a need for lots of reflection. There is so much to learn.

About the "failure leads to success" outlook...remember that? Yeah, it's really necessary. Without the positive, the negatives can really bring ya down. I make mistakes like Betty Crocker makes cakes.

There is always something to improve on. But, the good news is, there will always be something that you can do better. Even after teaching for 10 years, 20 years, 40 years. Yep.

With all my reflecting, I've drawn the conclusion that this journey I'm on with teaching is a lot like my walk with God. There is always something God is working on in my heart, no matter how long I've been walking with Him. I'll never reach a point where I can say "I'm mature enough. There is nothing I can do to love God more." And just like with teaching, that is a real encouragement. I never have to feel the pressure of perfection, I only need to try my best. And also, I'll never have to wonder what I could improve on...there will always be something. What a perspective.






1 comment:

  1. "I make mistakes like Betty Crocker makes cakes." is this a line from a rap song? It should be. I'm with you on the mistakes, sister. Love your perspective here.

    And LOVE that you love crab rangoon! Totally random, totally yum.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...