I feel the simmering urge to blog. Just something. Anything.
It's gonna be quick, since I have to actually get up in the morning. (We've had 2 snow days and tomorrow unfortunately returns to normalcy).
You know those times in your life when so much is going on around you? So many people are experiencing things that are difficult and it's really tough not to get your own emotions involved. It's like 10 million things are happening all at once, having direct effects on those around you, which in turn affects you significantly. You can't help but worry, hope, and pray for them. That is what has been happening to me as of late. So many difficult situations have arose, and even though I'm not going through them, they are making my emotions go crazy!
So much emotion...so much to think. I know if I didn't turn to God and give all of these worries to him, I wouldn't be able to handle everything. I know that not just my own worries and problems draw me closer to God, but also the problems of others. I want so desperately to help and to soothe, but I am only human and I cannot fix everything. Only God can, and realizing that is so comforting. I have the reassurance that God is taking care of everything that I am going through, as well as every single detail of every situation that others are experiencing. We have the comfort of knowing that He works out everything for good, and that He has plans to prosper us and not harm us (even though at times it's nearly impossible to see that). God is so good!
I want so desperately to be able to praise God in the storm, and not just during the good times. I used to never be able to talk about this, simply because I thought any mention of God being good during a storm would immediately bring a storm into my life. Well now I know that I will only be happy if I'm doing what God wants me to do, whether it's raining or not. I will be happy with God in a hurricane, but not if I'm alone in sunny weather. Hopefully this makes sense! Just a thought. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment