Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him! - Psalm 34:8
Lately, this verse above has been woven in my mind. A lot of things have happened in the last couple weeks that have caused me to change. Things have been ripped away from me, which at first was very painful. I have never hurt worse in all of my life. I had put my trust in these things, counting on them to transpire and blossom into what I had been dreaming.
I couldn't have been more wrong.
You see, when you control something, you often don't leave room for God to take charge of it, too. You shove him out of the way. As much as you plan and scheme and dream, if it's not what God wants for your life, you will not be happy. No matter how much you desperately try.
So back to the verse.
Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
I want so badly to taste and see the greatness of God...not just little bits and pieces here and there, but everything. I want to see how beautiful my life can be when I fully trust him with every aspect of it. In letting go of things I put so much trust in, the only one left to trust is Jesus. When I trust him and let him love me, I will finally be able to taste and see the goodness of the Lord. I want so badly to be filled with his love, so that I will not be able to stop it from overflowing- I want to learn to love others unconditionally. I've learned that putting my trust in any other thing will only end in disappointment. Nothing can satisfy like Jesus.
It's scary to have faith in something that you don't know...something with no tangible proof. To people who have never tasted this goodness, or who have never seen that everything but God leads to emptiness, it seems crazy. Putting your entire trust in Jesus doesn't mean letting him have control of just one part of your life...like your job...but everything...your job, your relationships with those around you, what you spend your time doing, and every single thing in between. It's risky. It seems crazy. Things might not go the way you originally planned.
But it's totally worth it.
How wonderful it will be to look back and be filled with pure joy at what God has done in your life...simply because you gave it all to him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


The way I personally see it is trusting in God involves making use of whatever He has provided for you from intellect, senses, skills, talents, love, etc., paying attention to His Signs, and thanking Him regardless of whatever result and fate comes up after you've done your part; since both the ups and downs of life are blessings and ways in which He tests us, challenges us, humbles us, reminds us of what's truly important, and sometimes gives us "wake-up calls".
ReplyDeleteIndeed, being very reactive to the very surface of emotions and desire of what's transient in this material world blinds us from Him. But living like a hermit is not the solution; it is making use of all His blessings and being constantly thankful while trusting Him regardless of what befalls you and meditating upon His greatness, love, and creative powers....I could go and on about this topic and I have much more to say, but I guess I've shared enough of my thoughts.
---------------
You're more than welcome to come visit the **Tea House** at http://teatimereflections.blogspot.com