Tonight, I'm forcing myself to write.
I feel like it's really difficult to actually post something. Don't get me wrong- it's not like I have nothing on my mind. I think it's because I have so much I cannot sort it out enough to create a meaningful, witty, or thought-provoking post. Throughout the day, I come up with different things I could write extensively on...but as soon as I turn on my computer I get distracted by other things and it seems like such a hassle to start writing at all.
I guess this post doesn't really have a point, but at least I got some of my thoughts sorted out, right? It's a start, and hopefully I will get inspired and stay inspired until the ideas move from brain to screen.
I never did write about getting hit in the face, did I? Well, this 4th of July was definitely an interesting one. Around midnight a few friends and I were swimming in my friend Taylor's lake. They have a floating dock out in the middle, and four of us swam out to it. I was holding onto one side, while- get this- 3 guys were on the other. One of them is pretty close to 300 pounds, I'm sure. So needless to say, my side of the dock was out of the water. I remember saying "Whoa! I feel like I'm on the Titanic." That should have been my clue to let go, but the thought didn't even cross my mind. Suddenly I slipped. That in itself wasn't bad, but next the really big guy slipped off, too. While I was under the water, the dock dipped down and hit me in the face. I saw a really bright white light and got so, so scared. I thought I was going to be knocked out and drown out in the middle of this lake in the middle of the night. Thankfully, God was watching out for me. I surfaced and then grabbed onto the dock, and told my friends I had been hit. They put me on the dock and pushed it back to shore. So many things could've been wrong...I could've had a broken nose, broken cheekbone...I could've been blinded...and I could've drowned. I am so fortunate that I only had a gash under my eye, some bruises, and a swollen/black eye! I had to go to the emergency room and get it glued shut. Out of every possible outcome, I was able to come away relatively unhurt. Thank you God!
It's kind of weird, though. Everything that happens to me happens on my left side. This accident hurt the left side of my face. I broke my tooth a while ago and it was the left front one. My splenectomy scar is on my left side. I had a fungus under my big left toe and eventually the nail fell off. I may be forgetting things, but the point is, it's strange.
Anyway, I am glad I could write something significant. If you read this, thanks for reading! =]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad to see you Saturday. I feel this way about writing a lot. I want to write and there is a lot to write about, but it feels like it takes too much patience to type out the river that's flowing in your head.
ReplyDelete