Wednesday, September 14, 2011

As of late…

My blog. I love you.

Tomorrow it will be a whole month since I last posted something. I think I kind of have this unwritten rule in my mind that I can’t let it be more than a month between posts. Because…how will remember if I don’t write it down??? I don’t want to forget all the in-between moments.

So let’s go with a list. A compilation of all the goings-on as of late.

In no particular order:

1. I’ve learned that you can [generally] determine whether or not someone will go to college by the size of their garage. Or whether they even have one. Think about that.

2. I’ve learned a lot about myself. I’m a feeler. This means my logical side doesn’t kick in until I freak out about a situation. Ha! I can see that in so many areas of my life. It’s good to know. Also, I am an external processor. Hence the blog! I don’t fully realize what I’m thinking until I say it or write it out. Pretty cool. Lastly, I am an outgoing introvert. Meaning: I love being around people, but they wear me out. I really do need my alone time! SO much insight into myself lately.

3. I almost always solve the Jumble puzzle in the newspaper by figuring out the answer first, then unscrambling the letters from that.

4. I’ve scored some really great sales lately. $50 jeans for $28? Heck yeah! A book (one that will help me prioritize my life…more on that later) for only $1.98 [including shipping!] on eBay? You betcha!

5. I feel so defeated by school already, and it’s only the 4th week of school. No matter how hard I try, no matter how much time I invest in my homework, I am still behind. It may be a matter of prioritizing my time, but I’m not sure. I thought I was good at that…maybe I’m not. At least in this season of life. All I know is that something’s gotta change, or my whole semester will be so out of balance.

6. Because of poor time management, or kick-butt homework, or whatever…time alone with God has been rarely happening. If I don’t do my homework, there are obvious consequences. But not spending time with God? There are consequences, too. I’m starting to see that.

7. Do I really need that much sleep?

8. I realized tonight that I had a presentation due online in an hour, speed-skimmed the chapter, threw a bunch of words together, and pulled it off. Pretty impressive, I must say. But see what I mean about homework waging war and winning?

9. My goal this week is to look cute for 8 o’clock class at least once. 3 more chances. We’ll see.

10. My laptop battery is dying, and I’m too lazy to get up and plug it in. So this will be it for the night. But hey! I think it was helpful just to write what’s up. Like I said…external processor. Hopefully it will somehow help me solve my problems.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...