Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012...bring it.

There is just something about the promise of starting over new. It's so refreshing!

A time to contemplate, to reflect, to hope. To think over lessons learned and imagine ways you'll be different in the up-and-coming future.

2012 is THE year. The year I've thought about for so many years. The year of changes: graduating for good, starting a career, welcoming a record number of unknowns into my life. I'm excited. Excited to experience newness, to be used by God for things past imagination, and to fail, even. I've learned both in lectures and in life experiences that failure leads to success. Every time I think about the number of times I'm going to make mistakes this next year I have an urge to do this awkward laugh. It's hard to convey in text...it would be better if you could just hear it. Kinda like a snort, but with a little chortle/guffaw at the end. That's it. Embarrassing, I know. But I think of how I reassure students that it's okay to make mistakes, and how it's from mistakes that we really learn. Mistakes are kinda uncomfortable, but they are short-lived. Good stuff comes from them.

So...I think if I were to make a resolution, it would be along the lines of: I will look for ways  to grow (and eventually have success) when I have failed.

Short and sweet and to the point.

Gasp! I only have 5 minutes left of this year. Here's to my last post of 2011...Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...