Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas is here, bringing good cheer

Christmas is tomorrow. Whoa, this season has gone by fast.

It’s been delightful, for the most part! All the traditions have faithfully shown up and I welcomed them wholeheartedly. Tree decorating, cookie baking, gingerbread house building, ugly sweater wearing, Christmas caroling, lights viewing, present wrapping, gift exchanging, piano playing, card writing, merry making. It’s been grand.

But I need time to slow down. Time to reflect. It’s not that I’m missing the main point of Christmas—I’m not. But I want to grow in my understanding of the Christmas story, and, ultimately, understanding of God’s love for us. I feel like as each Christmas season comes and goes, I have a deeper and better understanding of it. I’ll never be able to understand it fully, but I am so glad I am able to keep growing, and not stay in the same place. I want to make sure I continue that growth this year…every day in between…but especially at this time set aside for the reflection of God’s gift to us. The way I see it, this growth is two-fold—for our benefit, and for God’s…He gets glory!

So excited to be able to celebrate tonight and tomorrow, too. Merry Christmas!

Downloads4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...