Thursday, June 14, 2012

Enjoying.

Right now, I'm really tired.

My second week of teaching summer school is in the books, and I am ready for bed. It's only 6:30.

I took a short little snooze while sitting upright on the couch about an hour ago. Pathetic, right? This lack of energy makes me so much more thankful for the 3-day-weekends we get this summer. The kids need a break and I think I do, too.

Life is just so full right now. It usually is. But there are so many things to do, to think about, to plan for, that mind seems stretched in every direction. There's the internet bill, which was a surprising $177- it took me about 2 weeks and at least a handful of phone calls to finally get it fixed. They corrected it: only $13.29. I'd say it was definitely worth the effort to get it changed! Or then there's my out-of-state teaching license, which will cost me roughly $230 by the time I'm finished with everything. You'd think that $110 test I took last February would count for something, right? Right, Colorado? But just like Chuck Testa says...NOPE. So tomorrow I've gotta take an almost-identical-but-differently-coded test for another $110. No big deal. I just graduated from college. I've got bags of money lying around!

But really, besides me and my bank account being exhausted, life is really good. I got to see my family last weekend. That makes for some good times, especially when we go out to eat. It's always an adventure, that's for sure. I can say before last Saturday never in my life had I given my phone number to a random waiter at Texas Roadhouse...

And although I deposited my first ever all-grown-up bills in the mail WITHOUT stamps, it really was a beautiful 2.5-mile walk to the post office. Who cares if the bills will come right back to me? At least I get mail, right?! I got to enjoy the lazy atmosphere of summer. Walking through sprinklers rather than avoiding them, hollyhocks growing taller than the chipping window panes they stand in front of, an old guy dozing on his front porch, bras hanging on the line, gardens showing their promise, trampolines, hammocks, and bicycles strewn across the lawn. Taking time to enjoy right where I'm at.

May 2012

P.S.- These pictures are from the last couple of weeks. I’m gonna try to take a picture (or two) a day this week as a challenge. We’ll see what I come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...