Thursday, February 21, 2013

Snow Day



I'm presuming many, many people across the country are posting on their blogs today with the title "Snow Day" or something similar. I'm gonna go with the crowd and write, too, because it was a tremendous day.

One of the top 5 feelings in the world is knowing you can sleep in, that there is no alarm soon to be blaring in your face. That's how the day started. I did the right thing and stayed in my pajamas until, oh, 3 o'clock. Glorious. I love that snow days are pure extra time in your week. Saturdays and Sundays don't include work (for a lot of people), but it's a given that the weekend is your time. A snow day is time that you get suddenly, so no plans. And usually not even an opportunity to do much thanks to the outdoor conditions! So today was a sweet mix of allowed laziness and time for leisurely productivity.

I packed up my whole bedroom today. My roommate and I are moving in 2 days to our new townhome, finally! Moving would be a lot more stressful had I not had time to organize before I packed up. My roommate is not like me...she can just put things together at last minute. I always always tear apart my room, throw out junk, and pack in it an organized fashion. Just ask anyone who knew me in college; my room was always a rat's nest as I was packing up for summer!

Eventually, I did get out of the apartment later this afternoon. It was nice to see the snow beauty before it melts (probably like tomorrow). That's the fun of living in the banana belt. We were super lucky to get a snow day this year! It always snows on the mountains, skips us, and then hits the midwest. We didn't miss out this time.

I ended the day with homemade white chili and pretty pink nail polish. I painted them early; they're glitzed up for the Oscars party I'm going to on Sunday (complete with red carpet and movie-themed food). Hopefully there will be a sweet post about that. Until then, enjoy pink.

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=ba5b64dee2&view=att&th=13d0043573396f2c&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1427645705923592192-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_wfXVKOiRp_q_cgeiUGcsK&sadet=1361509173535&sads=5ajyWO2N_IoO88BbwLYc0FexGV4&sadssc=1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...