Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscars Party 2013

In years past, the Oscars have been viewed in my living room (or dorm room), usually pajama-clad. This year standards have been raised. New friends, great food, and dressing up were all part of this past Sunday evening.

The wonderful hostess and I :)


Everything was cute and perfectly themed. And downright delicious-- have you tried the popcorn from Costco??


Everyone brought themed food from the movies nominated for Best Picture. I was intrigued by the "crabby snacks" that were mentioned throughout Silver Linings Playbook, so I decided to be adventurous and try out this recipe. Here we are posing with our "crabby snacks." They were actually so good!


"Crabby snacks" from Silver Linings Playbook


Homemade hummus and pita bread, inspired by Argo


Cajun Jambalaya, inspired by Beasts of the Southern Wild 



Two versions of "Life of Pi" punch, both very cute.


French bread, brie cheese, and red wine, inspired by Les Miserables


Oscar-themed wall decor

Of course, a red carpet!


And the art skills of a friend were on display with the little Oscar :)


I was not very accurate with my guesses for each category, but it was so fun to fill this out and have a little friendly competition during the awards!



These two ended up tying with the most correct guesses, so they shared the Oscar. We encouraged them to Hunger Games it out to decide who would keep it, but they were too nice.



So thankful for new friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...