I've been perusing through previous blog posts of mine tonight, and I feel inspired to post something. Not necessarily write something (I don't feel inspired at all, actually), but I really just want something posted.
Lately I've been noticing how everything I've recorded, whether it be on this blog, in a journal, or elsewhere, goes through changes over time. I'm almost embarrassed to read my journal entries from a few years ago. I feel waaaaay too enthusiastic and perky. I end almost every sentence like this! (with an exclamation point)
Nowadays it seems foolish to write the same way, almost fakey. In just this past year, I started being super real in my journal. A very different change from before. Not that I've written down a whole lot in this past year (it's rare when I actually write something out, even though I know I'm an external processor...crazy).
So while I hope what I write is something good to look back on and read (like I've spent time doing tonight), mostly I hope that it is spoken genuinely. I know that being real is pretty important. This post only includes one exclamation point, and only used as an example, but it's true stuff. Just a little of my thoughts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment