Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The place in which I dwell.


I love where I live, so much. I love that I can look out a window and see mountains. I love that I'm in a city just the right size, but not too far away from more urban bustle if I'm feelin it.

Also, I just love my townhouse.

I grew up in a house that used to be a gas station, built in the 1930s. Yep, it was small. No basement or upstairs. But it was okay- it was home and it's weird to think of living anywhere else growing up.

Then in college, I dwelt in the dormitories. For 3 1/2 years. My housing was paid for this way, and I was among fun friends, so it was great.

Fast forward to this fall; I finally upgraded to an apartment! ("Upgraded" being used very loosely). It was much better than the dorms- I actually had my own room. But I still shared a bathroom. And it kinda felt like a cave, despite the gorgeous mountain view I had from the kitchen window.

My roommate and I started looking for another place, and we love what we found: a townhouse! It's only a few years old, 500 sq. feet bigger, $50 cheaper a month, and has so many things that are just...better. LIke a real dining room space, full-size washer/dryer, and many, many windows. We don't share a bathroom anymore; there are 2 1/2 of them! There are lots of little features I was just so excited about.

Exhibit A: The doorbell

It's a minor detail, but growing up our house never had a doorbell. I was so pumped to find a doorbell I'm pretty sure I rang it about 5 times.



Exhibit B: Detailed light fixtures

I love all the light fixtures in our townhome. They all match and are so stylized!


Exhibit C: The pantry

We didn't have this at our old apartment, so we just shoved food in the cupboards and I had to climb on the counter every time to look for something. This is just so handy and spacious. Laaaaahve it.


Exhibit D: Fancy fridge

Another minor detail, but I've never had a fridge with water/ice!


Exhibit E: STAIRS

All my life I have wanted stairs in my house; for the first time I do! Although the timing was...impeccable. I get stairs and then I get knee surgery. At least by this point I can dominate them like a boss.



So if you are a friend of mine in real life, not just a random internet creeper, come visit! I'll even cook something for you wearing that apron you saw in the pantry. Oh man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...