I don't deserve the love that God gives me.
I am such a whore. Yes, a whore, in the sense that I give my love so freely to everything but the One who died for me. I so easily forget this sacrifice, and of that I am ashamed.
But God, the One who rules over all the universe, does not forget me. He loves me so much that He beckons me back to Him, even when I have rejected Him again and again. He does not beg or plead sternly with me, but with a still, small voice, saying "Come back to me. It is only I who can provide what you are looking for. I am the giver of true love, peace, and joy. You will find your rest in Me."
He loves me enough to never give up on me, even when I try so hard to find peace and joy in everything except Him. Only He is the source of purity, and of pure love, peace, and joy. No other thing can calm my fears and ease my distress like Jesus. No person or circumstance can provide authentic joy, with sadness removed and discontent banished. And no other can give the true love that Jesus can- unconditional and everlasting. He provides all this for me, just as He provides the still, small voice beckoning me back to Him when I stray.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Psalm 63:1-8
O God, You are my God; earnestly I seek You. My soul thirsts for You.
My flesh faints for You, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
So I have looked upon You in the sanctuary, beholding Your power and glory.
Because Your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise You.
So I will bless You as long as I live; in Your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise You with joyful lips,
when I remember You upon my bed, and meditate on You in the watches of the night.
For You have been my help, and in the shadow of Your wings I will sing for joy.
My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great post. It's sooo easy to "stray," isn't it?
ReplyDeleteSuch discipline and every day reminding. Makes us feel human sometimes. Thank goodness God isn't!
God is outrageously forgiving. He forgives even the most absurd of sins. From adultery to murder...from lying to cheating on that scantron test last week...it matters not how small or large a sin is...He cares to forgive it. Praise God. Thank you for the uplifting post.
ReplyDeleteThe love of a parent, Heavenly or otherwise is truly an awesome wonder!
ReplyDeleteGrace & Forgiveness... That is our God! =)
ReplyDelete