Being in college is like being in the womb. No really, it is. When you are in school, you are safe and you know what is going on. You know what is expected of you...go to class, learn, do well. I happen to like the comfort in that. Just like time in the womb is a time to grow and prepare yourself for the real world, time in college is a time for preparation and growing. Once that time is up, you are expelled from your nice little cocoon into the big, scary world. A baby cries after it's born...the world is bright and cold and foreign and just downright frightening. I know I will experience the same emotions once I graduate...my safe, familiar world will be gone and I will be forced to experience the newness of the strictly "grown-up" world.
Some days I anticipate this greatly, but some days I am just terrified. There are just so many options, and so many situations that require trust. It's a good thing I know the God of the universe...otherwise it could be too much to handle.
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment