Tuesday, September 21, 2010

You know it.

I shouldn't be taking a break from practicing my manuscript and cursive, but that's what I'm doing. I had a thought.

Have you ever been struck with how much you know? Not in a haughty know-it-all way, but just generally. I was just thinking back to being a little kid, where nearly the whole world was a still a mystery. I thought about all the things I know about now- I know what scholarships are, I know how to drive a car, I can name a couple different kinds of apples. I know what a paisley print looks like, what jojoba oil is, that I like to eat espresso beans. There are so many things that bewildered me as a kid that I know now! It's kind of refreshing to think about all the things I do know for a fact, since most everything else in this stage is life is so up in the air. I feel so back and forth some days...but that just means I'm learning.

Learning is a continual back and forth between equilibrium and disequilibrium. 

I heard this quote in one of my classes last year, and it hasn't left my memory. It explains why learning and growing up is so uncomfortable sometimes...it's like you are on a teeter totter, not knowing whether you will be balanced or unbalanced on any given day. 

This is why it's good to think of things you know for certain! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...