I live here for roughly 224 days of the year. I am in class for approximately 480 hours...the other hours are spent being a typical college student, e.g., watching Disney movies, complaining about the campus dining services, staying up waaaay too late. Where is this, you may ask? It really could be called the little University on the prairie- UNK.
In case you have never heard of it, UNK stands for the University of Nebraska at Kearney. The city of Kearney itself is pretty cool- Kearney, NE is located exactly 1733 miles from Boston and 1733 miles from San Francisco.
UNK is located on the prairie...although it's not too far west from my home town, I notice many differences. It is incredibly WINDY! And very, very flat. There are also fewer trees.
UNK is the smallest of the Nebraska state universities...obviously most people know about the Huskers, and maybe the Mavericks, but UNK tends to get forgotten. :(
UNK started out as a teacher's college way back when (1905). Today it is still known for being tops in education colleges in Nebraska...a big reason why I chose to come here :)
(This picture below is of the building I spent most of my time in- the College of Ed.)
The stadium and field where I marched many times the past couple years. Go Lopers!
This is my roommate and me with our stuffed animals...we are having way too much fun being together this year!

I loved this! Sooo much. : )
ReplyDelete