Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Miles to go.

Let me tell you.

This summer training program is INTENSE.

I’ve often heard it compared to running a marathon, and I would definitely echo that comparison. It’s certainly not a sprint; no, it takes quite a bit of endurance to get through these 8 weeks! So far we are a little more than half way through, and I am so completely filled up and overflowing with information. I am thankful for the times I do have to sit and process all that I am learning, because without those times of reflection, I would go crazy with information overload! Work is keeping me really busy, as well, and social time in addition to that. Last summer I definitely learned time management, and it’s a good thing because I am really needing it now!

It’s interesting that this summer I’ve been running a lot. I’m not really a runner. I would much rather exercise by doing random things (like dance parties, see here), but there’s always a group going running every night so I usually join. It’s easier to run down here in Florida because we are at sea level, but also more difficult because of the humidity. Some nights it feels like a swim-run. But it’s been good. I am able to talk and run at the same time, and so can many others, so there are some good conversations. (We also usually see some cool animals, like armadillos!)

Running helps keep me in shape, but it also provides me with personal experience to this analogy.

1 Corinthians 9:25- Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

I’ve never really experienced “strict training” before, in regards to physical exercise, but this running business sure has given me a taste of it. I’m exhausted, yet it’s refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...