Sunday, July 3, 2011

Wheels…

The wheels in my mind are a-turnin’.

I am learning SO much here at JAX! Every week, 4+ memory verses. How to share The Bridge illustration (ask me if you want it explained). How to treat guys as brothers in Christ (difficult, since I don’t have any brothers of my own). One thing that’s been really helpful for me is learning the definitions of big words in simple terms. For example, last week Jerry Bridges shared with us the definition of justification. Honestly, before I would avoid verses with this word in them, simply because I didn’t really grasp what it meant. It didn’t really mean anything to me. BUT, here’s what I learned, and it completely blew my mind.

Justification: “Just as if I’d never sinned.” And furthermore, “Just as if I’d always obeyed.”

Wow.

That is how God views us, because of Jesus! Now I want to read all the verses with justification in them. :)

***********************************************************************************************************

tumblr_leyxjeDvAA1qcnbr8Another type of wheel is the Navigator Wheel. Ever heard of it? It looks like this ---->

A Christ-centered life has four distinct aspects.

Prayer, fellowship, the Word, and Witnessing.

Our summer training program theme this year is Go Deep. Basically we are focusing on going deep with each of these 4 areas.

With this in mind, there are specific ways you can pray regarding growth in each of these.

Prayer: That I will prioritize my time here, and realize the importance of spending time in prayer; that I will become more earnest in praying

Fellowship: Further team unity; that I would be an encouragement to others here at JAX

The Word: Adequate time with my work/social schedule

Witnessing: Interaction with co-workers, beach evangelism opportunities

In all of these, you can pray that God will reveal Himself to me and everyone else here! That would be so great.

***********************************************************************************************************

With that being said, here is a picture of my team while getting ice cream last week! :)

JAX!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...