This post will be random, since that is in my nature.
My transition to teaching in a high school has been great. The kids (can I even call them that? Some of are only like 2 years younger than me!) I work with make me laugh and I really enjoy them. But being away from high school for 4 years has made me forgetful of some of the details…I forgot about PDA. Thank you, boy ginger and girl ginger, for letting us see how much you love each other each day for 3 minutes before 4th period. Some couples make me want to gag and laugh hysterically at the same time. Oh young love!
I’ve been reading Tortured for Christ lately. It was written by the founder of Voice of the Martyrs, Richard Wurmbrand. He was imprisoned and tortured for over 13 years in Communist Romania. This book is compelling and very thought-provoking. One quote that stuck out to me today as I was reading is:
“God is “the Truth.” The Bible is the “truth about the Truth.” Theology is the “truth about the truth about the Truth.” Christian people live in these many truths about the Truth, and, because of them, have not “the Truth.” Hungry, beaten, and drugged, we had forgotten theology and the Bible. We had forgotten the “truths about the Truth,” therefore we lived in “the Truth.”
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what it means to rest in God. I feel like I’ve never done this physically or spiritually. (I’m not very good at not finding something to be busy with). This is something I’d like to experience, though. Just some thoughts…
I’ve been super hungry as of late. Terribly ravenous. Like last night, I was in bed with the lights turned off, but I really wanted a snack. So I yelled to my mom to bring me some crispy hexagons (the classier name for the store brand of Crispix) and then the voracious monster inside was subdued. Crazy, right? We’ll see what kind of a snack I’ll come up with tonight.
I can’t really think of a nifty little way to tie all of this together…maybe God is Truth, it’s okay to eat a lot, but don’t disgust people with your PDA? I’ll go with that. Nice and random, just like I thought. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment