Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Yum-o

Last weekend was a gooood weekend. It involved a lot of skating, friend time, and chocolate cake. There was really nothing bad about it!

My friend Kady and I decided on a whim that we wanted to make a cake. It took us about 73 hours to decide which mix to buy (did you expect it to be homemade?!), but finally we settled on one. It was fun and delicious mixing it up.

IMAG0507-1

IMAG0508

We waited ever so patiently for the delightful aroma to become a tangible reality. It was such a glorious reality. We daintily ate our way through one piece each, but soon realized…who were we kidding? We don’t have to share this cake with anyone else, so why eat modestly? We went back for “seconds”, which ended up being half the cake between us.

I love the magazine underneath the plate. How fitting.

IMAG0512

Chocolate cake round two came on Sunday. Another friend of mine needed to make something for a “Pinterest potluck”, so she found a recipe on Pinterest for cappuccino cupcakes. Again, you start with a mix, but add coffee. They were so yummy. She bought chocolate covered espresso beans for the tops of the cupcakes, too- a nice touch. I thought they looked like eyeballs.

IMAG0523 

In the end, they looked really good.

IMAG0526 

I could still go for some more cake, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...