Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tribute.

I don’t know about you, but I could list about a million reasons to love Regina Spektor. I narrowed them down to 10:


1 She’s Russian.
2 I think she could sing any words in any language and it would sound beautiful.
3 Regina is random.
4 She’s modest.
5 Her lyrics are poetic, not empty phrases sung over and over.
6 She was trained in classical piano, but also says artists like the Beatles influenced her sound.
7 She uses beat boxing and glottal stops.
8 Her songs are ones that are within my range, even though I will never come close to sounding like her.
9 She’s talented in songwriting, singing, and playing the piano.
10 Just when you think you figure out what a song is about, you realize there’s more to it.




So I leave you with the newest Regina. Looking for random? She never fails to deliver.




And if you are looking for Russian, here you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...