Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Creativity.

I am so thankful I have a  job that requires creativity. Oh boy, can I deliver. After years of wearing oversized forest-green polos and standing in front of a cash register, it’s a little unreal that I actually get paid to do the things that I love. Not that my summer jobs during college had to be dull…my cousin and I still found ways to spice things up.

I guess business must have been slow…

Coloring on the job.

Are those Lion King decorations on the cash register? Your eyes don’t lie.

That was “work” for us. All $7.25-an-hour of it.

Now everything’s amped up—a bigger salary, more responsibility (and consequently more stress), but also more fun. This summer I’ve had quite a few opportunities to exercise my right-brainedness.

The kids calculated the area of their hand by counting whole and half squares. I think it turned out well!

DSCF0681

This week we made our own farms in a glove. Each finger section of the plastic glove has different seeds with a wet cotton ball, and then the glove is tied shut to keep the moisture in. They look pretty crazy hanging up in the window here. I wonder which seeds will sprout first???

DSCF0691

Going along with the plant theme, the kids got to make the crayon leaf art that never gets old. I loved doing this as a kid.

IMAG1177

In preparation for this upcoming school year, I decided to add cuteness to some of my essential classroom items. Presenting mod-podged clothespins…

IMG_20120712_233312

And here’s a sort of refurbished lamp. Look at all the kindergarten cuteness.

IMG_20120713_154143

All I can say is that it’s a win-win situation when I get to be creative and encourage kids to be creative, too!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I can't wait to visit your classroom next year! (And this visit might actually happen during fall break!) Just text me to find out how!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...