Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Beautiful Snow


I thought I should write a new post before school starts getting crazy busy again. It seems like I haven't written anything in a long time! 



I had a wonderful Christmas break. I got to spend time with friends and family, do some shopping, and just enjoy the time at home. I spent LOTS of time just sitting at home, not particularly by choice, but because of the snowy, wintry weather. My family was fortunate enough to still get to go to my grandma's for Christmas Eve, even though it was blowing and drifting like crazy. We enjoyed the traditional chili, cheese soup, and oyster stew (yuck). My grandma still got the Adornaments and we opened presents by the tree, as usual. I got a new board game called Quelf- the description on the box says  "the unpredictable party game that gives RANDOM a new name!" I definitely agree with that statement! It is such a hilarious game, and it will be a lot of fun to play it with people in my dorm. :)


Here's a picture of us playing it on Christmas Eve:




Even though the snow deterred some of my plans, it was okay because it was so pretty. After staying inside for about 3 days straight, my sister and I bundled up and trekked through the snow near my house.




















The snow is beautiful. I always think I hate winter until I'm in the midst of the snow. Yes, it does get old after a while, but I'm glad I live in a place where it actually gets cold enough in the winter to snow. I don't think I could ever live in Texas or Arizona or someplace like that. Another plus side of the snow is...snow days! I will always get to have snow days, even when I'm fifty. =]



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...