Today I'm being a complete dreamer.
Don't get me wrong- I always dream. Every. Single. Day. But today I'm piecing all those little dreams together. Every time I get a "Oooh I wish I could..." or a "Wouldn't it be nice if..." or just a sigh- well, all of those are getting put together into
one big dream. Here goes.
Someday, I want to get married.
I want to marry someone handsome. Someone who complements my seemingly too-unique personality perfectly. Someone whose dreams, hopes, and desires align with mine. Someone who loves Jesus more than me! Someone not perfect, but perfect for me.
Once my handsome and I are married, we will move into the house he's been working on. It's a picturesque old farmhouse that needs a lot of repairs. But my handsome will work hard! And I will work hard. We will work together, side by side, as we build our home and grow our love. Our house will be wonderful, with a big picture window and lace curtains. Through the window and behind the curtains will sit a piano, big and beautiful with a deep, rich sound. And my house will have STAIRS! Oh, I've always wanted stairs.
I will be teaching school. It'll be tough, but oh so rewarding. My handsome is a farmer, working hard to provide for me. In fact, he is able to provide enough so I don't have to work when our family starts growing...and does it grow! We have 5 children- 3 girls and 2 boys. I am able to be a full-time mother and part time creator. Who knows what I'll use my creativity for...it could be making cards or painting Matryoshka dolls or writing and illustrating...whatever it is will be wonderful. I will live close to an ice rink and will get to skate several times a week, and even continue to teach little ones to skate. And the gardens! A flower garden, wild with blossoms, luring butterflies that sway on the wind. Another garden will grow a bounty of fruits, vegetables, and herbs. We will also have an orchard, filled with trees bursting with ripe, luscious fruits. Practically an Eden... :)
Sigh. It sounds wonderful.
But of course I know my life will be far from perfect. Not all my dreams will come true. But I know that the Bible says Delight yourself in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart (Psalm 37:4). I think it is safe to say that God has placed these desires in my heart for a reason. God has an amazing plan for me, and a fun plan at that! I don't think God would plan for me to be a garbage-woman or a public speaker or even a doctor- I have no desire to be any of those things. Life isn't going to be perfect- things like bugs and financial problems and whiny kids do exist. I know these dreams could never be reality, but I think they give me a tiny glimpse of what the future may hold. Even if only a tiny part of it comes true, it's still worth the dreaming. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great post! I loved it!
ReplyDeleteYou and I are so alike but so different..our seemingly too-unique personalities..that really struck me. But, your love of figure skating is definitely something that we don't have in common. But all the same I like that you like it.
Also, I liked the part about the handsome farmer, the 5 kids and the bounty of an orchard and gardens..I dream with you! :D
Oh yeah, I forgot something. I was going to say that the thing that I long for most is to find someone who loves Jesus more than me! That is definitely a man worth finding!!!
ReplyDelete