Thursday, May 27, 2010

Up North!

My family and I just took a vacation to Minnesota (and South Dakota, on the way home). I am posting pictures in two parts- first Minnesota, and then South Dakota.


We went to Minnesota for my uncle Wayne's birthday celebration...we did not know about this until a couple weeks ago when my aunt called us up and told us about his surprise party she had planned. It had been 8 years since we had been up there to see them, and we decided it was time to visit again. =] 


The party was fun, although most of the people there were from Diana's side of the family and I had no clue who they were...Uncle Wayne was surprised, so it was good! The party was Saturday, and on Sunday we went up to the North Shore, with Wayne and Diana leading.

Our super cute motel!



We went on a bike ride near the Moose Horn River. I kept looking for otters, but didn't see any!




The only bear I saw the whole trip.




At the actual Moose Lake- it is very pretty.




My shadow




Wayne and Diana's puppy, Lady! She is a cutie.




The only moose in Moose Lake!




Lake Superior. Pretty much like the ocean, but not salty.




Melo and I walked all the way out to this...it was sooo cold on out on the water!




The ship Roger Blough loading up with iron ore




One of the many seagulls, sitting on a white rock (ahem).




Such a pretty lighthouse. It is available for people to stay in- I would like to, but I would think about Scooby Doo and the haunted lighthouse and get scared...I know, I'm so cool.




Melo and I in front of the middle tier of Gooseberry Falls. These rocks were fun to climb around on. =]




Part 2 (South Dakota) will be next!

2 comments:

  1. That's so pretty! It definitely looks like you had fun! Oh, I got your post card today! It was pretty cool... it's on my fridge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww your pictures are soooo pretty! I'm super jealous....take me next time!

    Kady ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...