Today was a great day. Today was jam-packed with fun stuff- I still had to work for 6 hours, but surprisingly enough, that was part of the fun!
I worked at the craft center today at Mahoney State Park. I actually prefer it to the pool, because there isn't the meaningless high school drama from co-workers. No, it's just me, myself, and I. And the customers. And today...my mom! My mom came out and ate lunch with me and then made a craft. She stamped a piece of leather to make a key chain for one of the sets of keys at her work. It turned out really cool! It was also a quiet day, since it was a week day. That made it even better because I could talk to my mom while I was there.
After that, I went to the Dairy Cone to get ice cream with my mom and Melo. I thought the Dairy Cone was possibly not going to open this summer, since it didn't seem to have an owner. But thankfully it is! Summer wouldn't be right in Ashland without getting ice cream and cheese balls at the Dairy Cone.
When we finished our ice cream, Melo and I walked toward home, but not without our discs! When we got to the disc golf course, we discovered that the course had been expanded, meaning there are now 18 holes! So very fun =]
If you are still reading this you are probably wondering how my title ties into anything at all. Wellllllllllll...while we were disc golfing, we found several mulberry trees full of berries! We were both so pumped! After dinner we went back and harvested a whole container full of them. They will be so delicious- my favorite way to eat them is in a bowl with a little melted ice cream.
Speaking of dinner...we had a fantastic one! My dad has recently made a new friend, Von. His actual name is something really long and hard to pronounce. Given that clue, you are probably guessing that he is from somewhere foreign...and you are right. He is from Laos, which is very near Thailand, which is the type of food he treated us with tonight. He made us something simple this time, since he couldn't bring very much food with him on his motorcycle. :) We had steamed rice and some of the best chicken I have ever had! At one point in time he owned a Thai restaurant, but now that he's getting older he doesn't cook for others much. I think he really enjoyed sharing it with us, and I know we certainly enjoyed eating it! Next time, he's going to teach us to make spring rolls...I am so pumped. (Plus he's the cutest guy ever! He reminds me of my Thai art teacher I had last spring...I still randomly imitate his accent because I just love it.)
It was such a good day. But now, as I sit typing in my dark kitchen (everyone else is asleep), I have time to actually sit and think. In a book I've been reading, there was a hand print challenge. I've been thinking about that for a few days now, and it's time I did something instead of just contemplating it. What this hand print thing is is this:
You trace your hand. Like you are going to make a hand turkey, but without feathers and all of that. Then you think about the five general aspects of life: social, intellectual, physical, spiritual, and emotional. Starting with the thumb as your main aspect, you write them on your fingers in order from the one you spend the most time on, down to the one that you spend the least time on. Your attention will go to the pinky- whatever is written on your pinky is what you need to work on, since it gets thought about the least. I can tell you that 'spiritual' is written on my pinky. Looking back over my day, did I mention anything spiritual? I'm pretty sure you can fit everything I did into one of the other four categories, but it's a little difficult to find something spiritual. My hand print is going up on my wall, near my dresser/mirror, where I will see it every day. And oh yeah. Once you concentrate all your energy onto your pinky category, then each one shifts. The pinky becomes the thumb. The ring finger becomes the pinky. So this hand print reminder is never-ending...and I like it that way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment