One good thing about working at Mahoney is that I always get treated to a colorful sunset on my way home :)
Thursday was especially beautiful.
When I see things like this, when I'm in a good mood, or when things are going smoothly, it is really easy to praise God. Not a problem.
But there are several places in the Bible that tell us that we should praise Him all the time.
These two verses, one from the Old Testament and one from the New Testament, both are examples of this call to praise constantly.
I will extol the LORD at all times; His praise will always be on my lips.
Psalm 34:1
Rejoice in the LORD always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
Philippians 4:4
I know that I should have a heart of praise continually. I also know that I don't have that heart of praise often when times aren't going so well. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, because it's only human nature. But we should strive to praise always, good times and bad.
The only thing is that when I am full of praise during a time where all is well, I feel guilty. I often don't rejoice to the fullest because I am thinking "I should be like this all the time, but I'm not..." I know God only loves me and is infinitely happy when I do praise Him, and does not blame me for not praising when I don't. He only loves. He loves.
And knowing this, there is yet another reason to praise.


No comments:
Post a Comment