Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Too tired to think of a title that ties everything together.



Alrighty. 


There have been so many things in my head lately, but every time I try to write them out my hands freeze over the keyboard, and all the thoughts seem to hide. I think the key to fixing that problem is to just...start typing. And that's what I'm doing. So bear with me if what you are reading seems sort of unorganized, spontaneous. It's getting too late to really edit much and I just want to post something because it makes me feel accomplished. And boy, do I need something encouraging after today at work! (It was slow, and I feel awkward around my co-workers, and it was just a rough day). 


One thing I've been glad for lately is God's constancy. I don't really think about that much. I guess when everything is smooth sailing and nothing in life is out of order, everything seems constant. But when turbulence hits, that's when this unfailing unchangeableness is so noticeable. With my ever-changing emotions and thoughts, with my periods of growing up and even the times I think I'm grown up when I'm actually far from it, God is there. He's the same. He doesn't change his mind or adjust His truth or go back on His word. It remains, always. And in my world of uncertainty, especially at this time in my life, that is exactly what I need.


Another God note. The one you just read is really a thought, I suppose, where this next one is a moment. (I'm trying again to go with the theme of this blog...). So today my grandma, my sister, and my cousin Emily started our Bible study. I AM SO EXCITED! It's another Beth Moore study, called The Beloved Disciple. We watched the introductory video (it was made in 1998 or so, so Bethy's hair is a little more poofy than it is nowadays) and Beth told us a story about a time in her life when she asked God to delight her. She was hiking in the mountains by herself and asked God to delight her with something...anything. She didn't know what, but she knew God wouldn't disappoint (God is so romantic!). Anyway, she walked for a few miles and didn't see anything spectacular, so she assumed that she should keep walking and her delight would be up ahead. Something urged her to turn around, though, and being a little disappointed, she finally did. She didn't have to go very far until she saw a baby bear! She was thrilled, and thanked God for her delight while she quickly fumbled for her camera and then started running- she knew that where there was baby bear, there was also mama! 


That story encouraged me so much. I was thinking about how cool it would be to experience something like that, to delight in God and His little surprises for us. I got home from going bowling tonight after dark and as soon as I stepped out of my car I felt the stillness of the night air and could hear the frogs and bugs chiming in together. The quick thought of "It's perfect for a midnight walk!" jumped into my mind, but I didn't think any further than that because I thought my mom wouldn't get off of work until way late into the night, like usual. (We've taken a late night walk before and it was incredible. I would never do it by myself, though.) I got inside and turned on my computer to type this post, when I heard the door unlock and open! It was not even midnight and my mom was home! I instantly knew this was my delight. I ran- quietly- to the kitchen and asked if she was up for a walk, and of course, she was. It was so wonderful to take that walk....and even more wonderful to experience a delight from the Author of Romance!


Is what you've read an unorganized mess? I hope not. I'm too tired to fix much tonight!


I had a thought today. (This is definitely NOT a God note). :)
When you are in a very fancy place, with a very fancy bathroom, no matter how neat and tidy and polished and furnished it is, it is still a bathroom. Even the most elegant bathrooms stink horribly at times! I know, I'm weird. But it's true, and it's kind of funny to think about!


I don't like to post without adding a picture. I believe that in order to capture someone's interest, you have to catch their eye. Who wants to read something that is all words? Not me. Not you, I'm pretty sure. Pictures always help. So here's my picture:



This is what summer is all about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...