Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Winter is so mean.

Does anyone else find it increasingly difficult to feel pretty during wintertime?

I thought about this pretty extensively tonight when I was taking a shower (the shower is my thinking place...thinking is a daily must, just like showering). :)

So yeah. I was thinking about this, and came up with all the ways winter is just so...dumb. It leaves me feeling pretty haggard lots of days, for lots of reasons:

Dry skin. My skin gets soooo dry. Some days I have to lather myself with lotion, which smooths out the skin, but does not help break-outs. So it's either dry skin or break-outs. Thanks, winter.

Dumpy winter coats. For some reason, when I bought my winter coat I bought it a size too big. Who knows what I was thinking at the time...I probably thought it would be warmer, or maybe I even thought I would still have more growing to do. (This was when I was 18, so if I DID think that- way to go, Kimberly. Ha!) In Nebraska, bundling up is a must. Especially when walking to class every day. Putting on my big ol' winter coat does not make me feel good about myself; it only makes me feel completely huge. Good job winter!

Damp clothing. It snows. And then you walk in the snow. And then the bottom of your pant legs are soaked, which is not a good feeling when you have to sit in class wearing them for several hours. I love snow very much, and I believe that winter would not be complete without it, but it's just not very fun sometimes.

Those darn unshaved legs. Although it is much easier going for long periods of time without shaving your legs in the winter, it doesn't make you feel very feminine. I prefer smooth, tan legs to white, prickly ones. Gah!

These are some pretty profound thoughts, huh? Well, put these all together with all the other tasks and routines it takes to beautify one's self. Putting on makeup, making sure you get enough sleep so you don't look like a zombie, eyedropping redness away, straightening/blow drying/doing your hair, tweezing/plucking/waxing eyebrows, trimming/buffing/painting nails, picking out cute clothes instead of sweatpants everyday...the list just goes on! *sigh*

Doing all this is already time-consuming, and winter only adds to the work. Oh, how I miss the nice weather.

See ya winter.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with all your observations. very funny. Good post. Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...