Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Zzzzzzzzzz...

It's late and I can't sleep. I think it's pretty neat that I'm blogging from my phone, too! Fantastic.

I know one reason I'm not able to sleep is because, hmmm let's see, oh maybe I've stayed up a little late these past 3 days (we had a 3-day weekend). No, I definitely stayed up late. And so of course my body is telling me it's nowhere near time to sleep. But along with that, my mind is racing. Racing with many thoughts, concerns, seemingly un-answerable questions...yep, all that good stuff. So I've been praying for the last hour or two (what better way to spend your sleepless hours?). So far I haven't gotten any answers to those crazy questions. And no particular verse has stood out to me. I can't sum up the past couple hours of sleeplessness into a neat little statement or philosophy. But I know the Bible says that God loves me...that is the message of the entire Bible! Just knowing that is enough for tonight. I know that eventually my mind will be settled and I'll be able to conclude what I yet don't know. Maybe sleep won't come to me for a while still, but that is okay. I am at peace. And I am thankful for this sleeplessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...