Tuesday, March 15, 2011

This is me.

Lately, I’ve been struck with the realization of all the things that make me, me. I love the way God has created each of us with our own unique identity- from our DNA to our favorite types of music. Like the quote from Billy Graham says:

The older you get, the more like yourself you become.

This is completely true; year by year, I am able to see a clearer picture of who I am. With this being said, here’s a couple of pieces of…well, me.

 

Things I for sure like (as in I never get tired of these things!)

*Funny animal videos. Like this one……….(or this one, too!)

*Mustard in my macaroni and cheese. It just isn’t complete without it.

*Salami guacamole sandwiches! Unheard of, but so so good.

*The way the laundry aisle smells in stores. I want a laundry room that smells like that all the time someday.

*I like to do things unconventionally. Most people like to do things the fastest, easiest, most sensible way. However, I do not always find this the most satisfying way to do things!

 

Dislikes (I just don’t know if I’ll ever like these)

*When people take pictures of themselves, but do not look at the camera. They look slightly to the left, or right, and it drives me nuts!

*Water chestnuts. Weird texture.

*Talk radio in the morning. Why is it that the hosts ALWAYS have annoying laughs?!

*I’m trying to lose my teenage lingo…it occasionally comes out, and I don’t really care for it. It’s not becoming of me.

 

Other miscellaneous quirks about me

*I recently learned that Minnesota has a state muffin. Did you know that? It is the blueberry muffin, that it is.

*I also just learned that Jacksonville, Florida is the largest city in the continental U.S. in terms of area. Very soon Jacksonville will have a special place in my heart; I am very excited for that.

*I’m addicted to the Discovery Health channel. Blood, needles, all of that…I can’t stand. But for some unbeknownst reason, I am intrigued by this particular channel. I could watch it for hours on end.

 

 

….I think that’s it for now. Later gators.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...