Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Let’s get on with it already!

As much as the calendar tells us otherwise, winter is still here.

The past few days have been not so much fun. We were teased with spring, only the find the cold winds and snow here once more. I don’t know how much longer I can bear it!

I think of it this way. It’s cold, and I can hardly stand it. I just want warm weather to be here- and be here for good- and I can’t really make myself be comfortable with anything else. It’s like the one time I was riding in the car with my friend, on a trip that lasted about 3 hours. I had just met this girl not long before, and she wasn’t someone I was yet comfortable enough with to point out that the a.c. was turned on way too high and I was freezing my limbs off! I sat in her car with perpetual goosebumps, counting down the hours…minutes…seconds…until we would reach our destination and finally be able to open the car door to the welcoming warmth. I’m weird, right? That’s how I roll…I’m shy until I feel comfortable around you…then you probably wish I still felt shy. :)

But anyway. This crazy recollection has a tie-in with my main point. The weather right now is like I’m sitting in that uncomfortably frigid car. I just cannot WAIT until I can feel warm again! I am counting down the hours…minutes…seconds…until I see perpetual blue skies, luscious green grass, and can no longer feel the biting cold. Just my late night wishful thinking. :)

 

Perhaps I should live somewhere with less winter?

1 comment:

  1. omg, it was 90 here and the ac went out for w/e reason! I do not envy those who are still dealing with the snow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...