Sunday, April 10, 2011

Change

I've been thinking a lot about change lately, specifically how it's handled. I think this was brought on by winter giving way to spring...a very lovely change, in my opinion. But I find it so strange how we humans so quickly forget what our situation/circumstance was like before the change. I know for me, when winter is here it seems like it's been winter forever and that warm weather will never come again. Summer is but just a memory. But as soon as the weather shifts and summer is in full force, it seems to me that winter never was. The idea of  icy cold air and gray skies seem so strange, because I only feel the sun and a warm breeze. Isn't it odd how this works?

The same applies to our circumstances and moods in life. I know when I'm having a bad day, it seems hopeless. I cannot remember not feeling crabby or irritable, and it seems that my mood will never change. And likewise, when I'm happy I cannot remember what it feels like when everything is going wrong. It is such an interesting phenomenon!

I find the same to be true with the Israelites, wandering the desert. God would provide mightily for them, and their hearts would be full of gratitude. But soon that would wear off, and it seems they could not remember the blessings God poured on them so freely. They became unhappy and demanded that God do something. During the bad times, they could not remember His provision. And during the good times, they could not remember their need and praise Him for His lavished love.

So basically I see similarities between these two stories. And also a call to change, when life...errr...changes. :)

1) Practice remembering. In good times, remember the bad so you are able to thank God for His love and provision. In the not-so-good times, remember the good and realize there is hope. (But our true hope is in Jesus, not our circumstances or emotions).

2) Toughen your faith. Like I said, not faith that things will turn out "right" or the way you imagine they should, but faith in God and His faithfulness. Trusting Him to provide and knowing He is full of grace.

Just a couple of things I need to teach/remind myself. I'm happy if it helps you out, too!

1 comment:

  1. hello there kim! nice site you have here! keep it up! hope you visit my site too.. just started blogging and need input and followers... thanks in advance! http://badcheetahblackops.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...