Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Just for fun…

Ever since I was little I have loved dressing up my pets. Most of these were cats, and most times I had little themes going on- a baseball theme (the cat would wear a baseball cap and be sitting next to a bat, ball, and gl0ve), a bedtime theme (the cat would wear a nightgown of sorts, and be sitting next to a story book and pillow). It’s kind of weird, I know…maybe it makes me a crazy cat lady. What I’m sure of, though, is that it’s fun…at least for me. Probably not for my pets so much. :)

I found some of these great pictures from years back…please enjoy.

This is my cat, Mosa, dressed up in a dress and apron. Not sure if she had the bloomers on, but there were definitely bloomers that went with this dress! (It was originally for a stuffed rabbit of mine).

 4-5-2011 5;39;34 PM

One time when I was in 4th grade, we found three baby bunnies at the state fair. They had been left in the rodeo arena by a classmate of mine on our field trip, which was very stupid…I have no idea why he moved them from where he found them in the first place, but they were most likely going to get trampled by livestock if my mom didn’t allow my sister and I to rescue them. So we brought them home and tried to feed them and let them grow up. Unfortunately, they didn’t live, but the short time we did have them we loved to put them in little “scenes” around the house. Here is an old kleenex box cover (not sure why we had this in the first place!), with our little bunnies all cozy around it. Note the use of a green t-shirt for grass. :)

4-5-2011 5;40;55 PM

Here are the bunnies taking a ride in Barbie and Ken’s hot pink convertible. They (their names were Hopalong Cassidy, Summer, and Clover) look so snuggly!

4-5-2011 5;42;34 PM

Here we have 2 kittens of ours- I believe these were Stormy and Misty. They were the perfect size for doll clothes…so…why not? :)

4-5-2011 5;43;37 PM

Over spring break, with a need to do something fun and creative indoors (since it was snowing), I got my dog Gabby to dress up for me! She was very patient. I could tell she didn’t really like this, but her loving self put up with me anyway. This is Gabby’s Slavic gypsy look.

 IMG_2721

Here’s another style. I think it looks like a boy scout.

IMG_2725

We tried to get her to wear aviators, but she wasn’t too keen on doing that. Her patience ran out had run out by this time!

 IMG_2730

The final pose. Fed up with our nonsense. But still lookin’ cute anyway.

IMG_2739

I love it.

2 comments:

  1. aww...that's so cute. I envy you for having many pets. My pets always die. Grooming pets is really nice

    -jean
    tootsiejean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey love this! Really really cute! Beyond glad I discovered your blog. I'm absolutely in love with this. I'd really be glad if you visit mine too. Check it out for updates every day about the latest fashion news, trends and street style. Would love your support. Kisses from Brazil xoxo

    PS: If you follow me, I'll follow you back.
    http://www.dailycatwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...