Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hodge-podge

I’ve been waiting for something big to write about…something that would evoke strong emotions or opinions or something. But I don’t really have much. All I have are some random…well…thoughts and moments. :) Isn’t that what my blog is all about anyway?

Easter: Easter has come and gone. I felt terrible about Holy week, actually, because it wasn’t until the week was halfway through that I realized what it was. Someone made a comment like “You know what week it is, right?” And all I could think of was “Umm…Earth day week?” Horrible! I guess Easter just snuck up so fast. Which doesn’t really make sense because it was a very late Easter this year. Anyway, it was wonderful. Dying eggs, eating potato salad, 7-layer salad, cheesy potatoes, ham, peaches & strawberries, coconut custard pie, cherry crisp, playing games, singing hymns while grandma plays piano, celebrating a Risen Savior…that was Easter for me.

First Grade: This semester I’ve spent about 50 hours with first graders! It has been so fun, and they definitely wear me out! Going to the school today I thought it was my last, but it was a false alarm. The teacher forgot the popsicles she was going to bring, so I’ll be coming back one last time next week so we can celebrate with those. I also made cards for each of the kiddos, and I am excited to give them those, too.

School: Other than that, the school year is almost done. Ca-RAZY! One semester left, people. Then I become a pseudo-teacher…I mean…student teacher. :)

Skating: One more thing. I just found out today that the 2013 U.S. Figure Skating championships will be held in…Omaha! (Article) This is just so exciting! Poor Omaha gets overlooked for most everything skating-related. The tours never stop here anymore, so this is quite a big deal. And I know by that time I’ll have a real job (well…we hope so) so maybe I’ll have real money. Ha. There is no way I’m letting this fabulous opportunity go by!

Welp. I don’t know what else there is to say…maybe I’ll have a lot to say about just ONE topic next time. Or maybe not. Buh bye for now!

IMG_2814

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...