It’s only the 4th official day of the JAX STP and already I am SO exhausted! I think this Florida heat really takes the energy out of a person. Did I mention I’ll be in the sun at least 5 hours a day? :) Life is good as a lifeguard at Adventure Landing!
Adventure Landing is the place to go. I find it kinda crazy how they have a water park so close to the ocean…obviously me, being from the Midwest, would not choose to go to a water park over the ocean! But I guess they would get tired of it here, huh? Weird.
But anyway. Back to Adventure Landing. Their motto includes something along the lines of “clean and wholesome fun” and they sure do mean business. The guys working there can’t have facial hair, girls must have no more than one piercing in each ear, tattoos must be covered up, and female lifeguards wear one-piece suits. Our supervisor compared it to living in the 1950s, and I had to laugh. It’s a cool place, and there are even baby alligators in the pond near the entrance. :)
So today I got trained and shadowed the lifeguards at all the stations, and then this evening all the JAX people went to the beach for swimming and a sand castle building competition! My group started out digging a hole, and didn’t really have a set plan, so it just turned into this random fish thingy. Good details, though!
Tomorrow is our first day of beach evangelism. I’m pretty excited, a little bit nervous. I just want to see God do some pretty amazing stuff, and I know He definitely will. We just got done having a spontaneous worship jam session, concluding with “Our God” by Chris Tomlin. I think it definitely creates a good mindset for tomorrow as we go out to share our faith. Having college students sing praises to our Creator on Friday night? Not your typical thing. But so very cool. I have a feeling that it will be happening again soon!

I'm pretty sure that it is fun. They're really strict when it comes to their employees. The fish looks really great,
ReplyDelete-jean