Halloween has come and gone. It’s November, just like that. It seems it flew by so fast, but don’t worry! I didn’t miss out. I think my costume this year was pretty spiffy. :)
My roommate and I were Cruella DeVil and a Dalmatian puppy last year, and that was so much fun. We thought it would only be fitting if were were a pair like that again this year. We were totally gonna go Amish. How fun would that be?! But to be legit, to look like the most vunderful-gut Amish people we could, it would have cost us some moolah. Quite a bit actually. So instead of spending tons of money, or ending up looking not-so-legit, we decided to go an entirely different route. After much brainstorming, we agreed we would be milk and cookies!
Once the really hard part was finished- thinking of a costume- then I started on the easier (and more fun!) part: making the costumes. I was home over fall break, with a whole lot of nothing to do, so that was the perfect time to get creative. I can’t believe how long it took me to decide what kind of cookie (chocolate chip or Oreo?) and what style of milk (glass, jug, carton?). I definitely had Google to help me out. And I definitely had my dad to help me, too! It was so great. I asked him a simple question: “Do you have any ideas how to make costumes out of cardboard?” Not only did he give me tips, but he got out all his sweet tools. He drew straight lines and measured with a ruler, and cut with a box cutter. Heck, I was just gonna make a couple of really rough costumes, but he helped me do it well. It was super fun, too!
Kady and I go together like milk and cookies. No doubt about it :)

No comments:
Post a Comment