You may or may not know this about me, but I love figure skating. A whole lot. :)
The extent of most people’s figure skating knowledge is the Olympics. The majority of people I know can say they enjoy watching the events every 4 years, but that’s about it. What about Nationals? Or Worlds? Or the Grand Prix? I think not many people know these events even exist.
I’m thankful the skating season is pretty long- from October to March. It’s great to be able to watch it on TV: there are some televised events, but overall…skating is not represented as it should be. Unlike football. But I’ll say no more about that. :) I’m just happy to say we are in the midst of the Grand Prix right now!
I thought I’d post a couple of my very favorite skating performances from the last couple of years. It’s been really hard to narrow them down. I’m just so thankful for YouTube. Seriously…where we would be without it? I’d still be recording every event possible, and grieving over the countless events that aren’t shown on TV.
I’m gonna share some good stuff with you. I’ll give you 5 fabulous videos…enjoy!
Sasha Cohen’s Olympic short program [2006]: Dark Eyes
Johnny Weir short program at the Cup of Russia [2009]: Fallen Angel
Meryl Davis & Charlie White original dance at Nationals [2010]: Indian Folk Dance
Irina Slutskaya Olympic short program [2006]: Totentanz
Nathan Chen U.S. Nationals [2010]: Peter and the Wolf

No comments:
Post a Comment