We’ve finally gotten our first real taste of winter this year. It’s about time…all this 60 degree nonsense was making me think it was going to be spring around here soon. Not true. The groundhog did see his shadow on Thursday, so there will indeed be 6 more weeks of winter. The snowfall the very next day started us out well.
Snow means playtime for kids. Today, driving home from church, I saw roughly 20-30 kids sledding down a hillside. I remember as a kid tromping out to go play in the snow even before it quit snowing. But in my family, snow isn’t just fun for kids—it’s fun for adults, too. My aunt and uncle have been avid snowmobilers for quite a while now. The last time they had taken me for a ride was probably 5 or 6 years ago. Today I got to go with them again, and I got a chance to drive for the first time, too! I was a pretty slow driver, though…I think my top speed was 25 miles per hour. Ha! But my 15-year-old cousin is a bit more risky. She took me for a ride and I noticed we were going 80 for while. (Don’t tell my mom!)
The snow was so pretty and still pristine and untouched. It looked like pure white icing or marzipan or something. Was it just me, or did it smell like butter cream out there? Whatever. All I know is that now I’m hungry for cake.
After sledding and snowmobiling, my younger cousin and I began the snowman building. We wanted to do something different, so we turned things around just a little bit (pun intended). Here is our creation.
The only way this snow could get better is if we could get a snow day out of it! Bummer. At least I had some fun with it. Now it’s back to lesson planning in preparation for this week…I start teaching full-time. Wish me luck! (And maybe a snow day).

how funny is this?? i hopped over from jami natos blog after reading your comment-- this post made me think.. hmmm i wonder where she lives-- it sounds like nebraska?? and then hmmm.. she looks really familiar... and then wait a second i think she used to go to our church. :) how funny! :) you have such a cute blog! hope things are going well for you! :)
ReplyDelete