Well, Valentine’s Day has come and gone. The sugar should be wearing off the third graders, too. Boy, today was rough. So rough that I may or may not have come home and eaten two cupcakes and like 3 servings of puppy chow. If the kids get to have sugar, well then so do I! It helps.
I haven’t been on a date for Valentine’s Day in let’s see…what is it, like 3 years? Something like that. But don’t worry, I don’t celebrate “Singles’ Awareness Day”. That’s just silly. I’m not anti-guy, I just happen to currently be sans-guy. I think it is absolutely possible to celebrate friendships and family that you love, even with a significant other out of the picture. I had a pretty good Valentine’s Day celebration with a friend…a little seafood fettuccine alfredo and a glass of Chardonnay were just the thing. Next year it might be different, but I am satisfied with where I’m at right now.
I am actually loving winter this year, too. Maybe it’s because I don’t have to walk to class everyday and I don’t even have outside recess duty, but I’m finding myself being okay with this definite winter weather. Last year, it was not the case. This and this and this tell me so. It’s funny how our tunes can be so different from year to year. Makes me think about the future a little…(something I’ve been doing all the time, anyway).
I’ll leave you with this picture. This is one of the reasons that winter is so worth it. It’s just so cool. Literally and figuratively.

Love it! "Not anti-guy, just sans-guy" :)
ReplyDelete