Thought:
Do you ever get frustrated by people who are always wishing the future to hurry up and come? I must say that, yes, I do this from time to time, but I have made a habit of making myself notice when I do it. Whenever I find myself unhappy with the present, I remind myself of all the positive sides of it. Sometimes I get so sick of school...of eating in the cafeteria...of walking to class every single day, rain or shine...of not being taken seriously and not having a real job...of living in a dorm. But then I stop and think, "You know, I will be able to find something to complain about during every stage of life. Is this one really any worse than what the future's going to be like?" In our lives, we will always have difficulties. The types of difficulties we face may differ from year to year, but we will face hardships no matter what stage of life we are in. When I start to complain about eating macaroni and cheese from a box, I think about the future- someday I'm going to have a family, and I will most likely be the one responsible for cooking. Right now I just have me to worry about- and although I can be a little grumbly about my cooking skills (or limitations, rather)...I really am thankful I don't have to worry about other people's complaints, like "Why are we having that for supper? I don't like that." or "I don't want that." Right now, I only have to worry about me. And that's not so hard.
Moment:
On Friday night, I decorated mini pumpkins!
It was really fun. :)
Caitlin and I went shopping and bought the pumpkins, some glitter, glue, and jewel embellishments. We sat and watched movies while painting our pumpkins. They turned out so cute! Mine look like:
A silly one:
A scary one:
A girly one:
Fall is here, October is coming, and so is my birthday, Homecoming, fall break, and Halloween! SO exciting.

I love the mini pumpkins! Too cute! Don't worry about the dorm. All the stuff you think you are missing will be your reality all too soon. Enjoy every moment you can be just the tiniest bit carefree and irresponsible. Being grown up and responsible comes all too soon! Really! Enjoy the moments!
ReplyDeleteI liked the thought you shared. Its so true...most of us are simply "waiting" on something to happen that is going to make our lives fulfilled and make us indefinitely happy.
ReplyDeleteI have been lately, but I realize how silly it is. Its the same as the way the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence. Our imagined future seems better than now, because its just that..imagined.
ill stop rambling, but youve prodded me to thinking. thanks
The greatest news ever: We get to choose what we choose (to think, believe, complain about, NOT complain about, be grateful for, and to love).
ReplyDeleteAlways try to remember... someone, somewhere has it worse. We're so blessed to be where we are, at this moment... even if it's the worst moment of our day.
This moment is all we have ~ might as well make it the best moment in our lives.
-Dayne
I love what you wrote, as well as the comments by others, you got people thinking, way to go! :) I know, as a mother now, I do think more of then about not "waiting for things to change"... it seems like just yesterday, I was in your spot. Now, my first born son will be a legal adult in a few short months... life has changed so much, and it seems it happened in the blink of an eye! Keep your positive thinking going. You are a bright young woman, and you do have so many wonderful things to look forward to, but like you pointed out, you don't want to rush it. Savor every moment, as, one day, you will likely, also, find them passing much too quickly!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the pumpkins too! Think I'll go pick up a few to do with my kiddos that are still willing to do things like that with me! lol
Make the best use of 'Today' for Tomorrow may be a little too far!!! Love your cutie pumpkins..Though we dont have this celebration in this part of the world ..I am sure my kids would love to try this!
ReplyDeletewww.aynzan.blogspot.com
You are totally right one of my favorite quotes is live today like its your last. You dont know what the future has in store for you so dont dwell on things and just live your life to the fullest.
ReplyDeleteYour pumpkins are adorable!! I cant wait to decorate mine.