Sometimes, it is really hard for me to focus in my classes.
And no, I don't have ADD. :)
You see, I like to think. And by thinking, I mean dreaming, planning, organizing, imagining. Like today in Economics. Originally, I thought I was going to have to pay extra attention in that class because Economics went right over my head in high school. But it turns out that I have a really great professor (he goes by "Tommy") who explains things very, very well. And now I understand! Understanding supply and demand is great, but it causes a problem. Since I think I get everything now, I allow my mind to wander. And where does it go? EVERYWHERE.
Today I was thinking about stairs.
I've never had stairs. Never, ever. My house was originally a gas station, built in 1933. We don't have an upstairs or a downstairs. So I've always wanted stairs, ever since I was a little girl. I found a collection of papers from when I was in 4th grade, and one paper was titled "Me in the Future." I described my life- I was married with 4 kids, I had a dog and a cat, and I described my house: a farmhouse out in the country WITH STAIRS. I was laughing so hard; I couldn't believe I actually wrote that. But it's true! My desires haven't changed, even though it's been a decade since I wrote that. I still want to get married and have 4 kids (anywhere from 2-5, actually), and I want some pets (as long as they're outside!) and I would love, love, love to live in the country. In a farmhouse. With stairs!
So today I was thinking about stairs, specifically what I would do with them. What kind of rug would go on the stairs? I would definitely wrap garland around the railing at Christmas time! Maybe even strings of popcorn or something fun like that. I could see my kids (and even maybe me!) sliding down the stairs on our rear ends. :)
When I sat down to write a new blog post, I had no idea that I was going to elaborate so much on something as simple as stairs. I am actually laughing now. Oh man.
But it's true. It's just a little sampling of what goes on in my mind, along with supply and demand curves and the like. Maybe next time I'll talk about all the planning/organizing I do in my brain. Hmm...that would take some time to write out. Watch out! Be prepared for a long post. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I have the same problem with my mind wandering. It's a sign of creativity! :) Or at least that's what I tell everyone when they have to repeat what they have just said because I thought of something when they were talking that reminded me of "stairs" (or insert whatever there) and then my mind wandered there and totally left the conversation I was just in.
ReplyDeleteI have times where alot goes on in my mind, I think that's why alot of my dreams are so messed up...
ReplyDeleteI think my biggest problems, is thinking people should see what I am about, before having some kind of opinion of me...
You should check out Mike's Rambllings.. http://md16185.blogspot.com
Good post. Speaking of the "mind," you might enjoy my blog.
ReplyDeleteWhen you have a second, check it out and tell me what you think.
www.coachyourmind.blogspot.com
-Dayne
hahaha lol I really like this post and I definitely connect with what you're saying! Maybe that might explain why I tend to have the weirdest dreams which I usually don't tend to remember once I wake up...or sometimes if I do wake up for a brief moment, they continue when I get back to sleep! The mind does work in very strange ways....xD
ReplyDelete--------------------------
You're more than welcome to come visit the Tea House at http://teatimereflections.blogspot.com
hey kimberly now your at 5 comments on one post :D
ReplyDeletestairs? I grew up wanting an elevator because I had stairs. lilacs,russia and crab rangoons?
call me silly, but nebraska is not a place I amagine to be big on chinese resturants. driving chinese food for 5 years, I have never grown tired of rangoons. and Prague is beautiful any time of year :D I hope your future full of thick and soft carpeted stairs :)
Kimberly, stairs are great, I have 2 sets, 1 going up to the upstairs(duh) and 1 going down to the downstairs(double duh). After a while stairs get old, not in age but in climbing them to get to the other part of the house. I would eventually like a single floor home, so that everything is on one level...
ReplyDeleteP.S. If you like, you can follow my blog at http://searchforopportunites.blogspot.com
Aw, I loved that post. I lived in a house with stairs until I was 6 and have very fond memories of them. It was also really interesting to get a look into the way your mind works. Very unique
ReplyDelete