Monday, March 22, 2010

Ladybug, ladybug, fly away home!


This is not a ladybug.


For some reason, my grandma has an awful time fighting these guys off. These guys are actually Asian beetles, which are NOT the same as cute little ladybugs. They are related and look similar, but they are not identical. Anyhow, they seem to love getting inside my grandma's house...in the bathroom and kitchen, mainly. I didn't realize how much of a problem they were becoming until I visited her a few days ago. Those darn bugs were crawling all over her bathroom window! My grandma is smart, though. She has a special way of killing the Asian beetles. She keeps a little brown jar filled with soapy water (just dish detergent) and puts them inside. It's just so normal for me to see it sitting on her counter that I don't ever think about it. But I'm sure if someone else were to see it they wouldn't know what to think!









My grandma said to me, "Do you know how many I picked off the window yesterday?"

"How many?"

"Over one hundred." She said it so matter-of-factly. (I couldn't believe she took the time to count!)

I helped her knock them off into the little brown bottle, and we probably collected at least 50 more. It would be kind of fun, if only they didn't smell...yuck.

2 comments:

  1. That is fascinating yet disgusting... I like this post too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimber! The post is Legit... I love it! Keep them coming!

    Evan R. Kruger

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...