Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Shamu!


When I was little, I wanted to be a Shamu trainer when I grew up. I still do. I think it would be incredibly cool! But obviously I am not following that career path. Doing so would require A LOT of school, even more money, and I would have to move somewhere ocean-y. But I still dream. :)

I was shocked when I heard that one of the trainers at the Orlando Sea World had been killed, by one of the whales no less. I never really thought about that possibility, but they are wild animals with a lot of power. Of course they could kill someone. So sad...

Here's an article about it: 



I got to go to Sea World in San Diego, CA four years ago when my family went on vacation. It was amazing! I remember being in awe, actually able to see something so cool in real life! (I also remember getting so, so sun burnt.) 





This picture was my favorite- I would love to surf on Shamu!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...