Tuesday, November 9, 2010

There is freedom in...

I'm not sure if I have anything significant to say in this post.

I guess...I guess I just feel the need to express myself and be creative. To reveal beauty. Writing is one of many ways I am able to do that.

There are so many things that I enjoy doing. Lots of those things are creative outlets for me: art (drawing, painting, collaging), origami, doing weird voices, skating, organizing my closet, playing piano, singing, picking out my outfit each day. All of these things allow me to be creative! I love being able to take the things God has initially created, and to put them together to reveal beauty. 

Even with as many doubts as I have about being a teacher, I think I will ultimately enjoy my job very much. Teachers have the freedom to be creative, to be silly and outrageous, to try their hardest to motivate kids in every way they can. (It's the standards and requirements that are limiting...to those I say, oh bosh). 

Yes. I find it very reassuring that no matter what kind of a day I am having...no matter what is going on in my life...I still have the ability to be creative. It is such a feeling of freedom! No cookie-cutter lifestyle for me, no sir. Uh-uh. I love the freedom and ability God has given me to surround myself with beauty, no matter the circumstance.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...