On Saturday my sister, my mom, and I went shopping. We stopped at Hobby Lobby, which was a busy place! I absolutely love Hobby Lobby, but Saturday I was just in the mood to get back home and finish reading my book. My mom was taking FOREVER, so my sister and I decided to make use of our time and entertain ourselves. We looked for the ugliest ornament. This one below won hands-down:
A cat. Okay. But...in boots? Not a cute Puss-in-Boots, but these are definitely hooker boots. Uhhhh...right. This is goin' on my tree, front and center...ha!
Then we browsed the wrapping paper. I didn't find anything too spectacular, but Melo did. "Why does it say 'Oh oh oh oh oh oh...'"? I laughed so hard!
The best part of Hobby Lobby that day, though, was running into Wilma Sundeen. She is my grandma's dear friend who also happens to be a piano prodigy. At one time, she taught upwards of 80 students a week. Growing up, I took piano lessons from my grandma, and was blessed to be able to play in Wilma's recitals. Seeing her Saturday was such a highlight to my day! I wish I lived closer to Lincoln so I could come to her Christmas recital this weekend. (Below is a picture of my grandma and me playing a duet in one of Wilma's recitals, circa 1997).
It was a wonderful Saturday. :)



This is the best! I love the wrapping paper!
ReplyDeleteAre you wearing a velvet dress for your recital? I actually STILL HAVE velvet dress! Hahahaha
ReplyDeleteIt totally is! But unfortunately, I don't still have it. :(
ReplyDelete