It’s so hard for me to focus in life, sometimes. Part of it is the fast-paced lifestyle that modern technology now allows us, and part of it is my own natural tendency to keep busy. I was looking through some old papers the other day and found one from 3rd grade. It was a before-school-started letter that my mom filled out and returned to my teacher, filling her in about my personality, strengths, weaknesses, and such. My mom wrote down that “Kimberly doesn’t sit still and relax a lot at home. She goes from one activity to another.” Let me tell you, nothing has changed in 13 or so years.
While it’s a blessing, it’s also a curse. I have a naturally creative mind, which allows me to think up all sorts of projects to do around the house. This even includes cleaning- yes, I do volunteer to clean out my mom’s closet! It’s crazy, but I love doing things. I am able to get so much accomplished in a day, a benefit for both me and whoever I may be helping out. But…the downside is that with all this busyness and accomplishment, I neglect some very important things. Like spending time with God, for one.
I’m so excited for this summer. I’m pretty nervous at the same time, too, since I have to go through the whole having-to-meet-people-since-you-know-absolutely-no-one. But that’s okay. I’m outgoing enough to do it well (not the case my freshman year of high school!). Two whole months of fellowship and encouragement in my walk with God. I know I need it and so I’m putting myself out there. It’s gonna be a blast, and I pray that it changes me and establishes life-long habits.
For a better picture of where I’m headed this summer, check out: JAX STP 2011

No comments:
Post a Comment