I love being able to see my cats every day now that I’m home. :) I wuv them! I’m not a crazy cat lady or anything…yet. But who knows? If I end up an old spinster teacher, I may become just that. Oh boy.
But in all seriousness, I really do love my cats. All four of them live outside (my dad is pretty strict about having animals inside- it was a miracle that we convinced him to get our dog, Gabby). My cats are Thomas, Mosa, Girly, and Dani. They all have distinct personalities and you would NOT believe how much drama goes down between them! Oh my, some days it’s just incredible. If you’d care to get to know each of them a little better, keep reading.
First there’s Thomas. He’s old, like 12 or something. He came to our house one day about 10 years ago, and stayed ever since. He’s got a pretty sweet lightning bolt patch of white on his back, but that doesn’t say much for his personality. He’s pretty mellow. He lays around all day, and won’t move unless you’ve got cat treats. He goes bonkers for those.
Then we’ve got Mosa. She’s quite the character. She also wandered to our house when she was only a kitten, a very feisty one at that. I thought she was a boy, so I named her Amos. Well it turns out she was a female- of course- so I added an ‘a’ to the end of her name to make ‘Amosa’, or ‘Mosa’ for short. She’s moody and could bite your head off, but definitely my favorite cat because of her sassiness. She is also cross-eyed, adding flair to her overall likableness. (This picture makes her look so evil…yikes!)
Mosa had one litter of kittens, and begat Girly and Daniela Sofia. We thought Dani was a boy (I guess we didn’t learn after the first incident), so I named her Danny. After finding out she was a girl, I fancied up her name a bit. She’s kind of an outcast. The other cats practically hate her and always chase her off. Not sure why…but she is kind of a hog when it comes to eating!
Girly is the runt of the litter and thus has the least brains. She’s the prettiest cat, but also the dumbest. Sometimes I call her Stupid, which isn’t really very nice, but kind of funny! I think she never figured out how to purr. She sits in the pouring rain even when she could take shelter in our shed…how dumb can you get?! We still love her, though. Here she is getting a bath.
Basically these four little critters are great. Every time I step outside they make my day more interesting, even if they are just sitting in the sun, looking content with their eyes shut tight and a slight- could it be a smirk?- on their faces. They are just the best!

No comments:
Post a Comment