Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ready?

The support letters are sent.

The bags are packed. (Hoping I packed light enough…!)

It is official. I leave for Jacksonville in…7 hours. So exciting!

I’ve thought about my expectations for summer 2011 as I head to Florida. Some things I want to see, and will be looking for, are:

1. I want to know God more. I want to clear my heart of all the philosophies about God my mind has come up with, and let God tell me who He really is, without  my own ideas getting in the way.

2. I want to better realize my worth in Christ, not in abilities or circumstances…

3. I want to better control my attitude. This past year, I didn’t go as far as changing my attitude, despite my circumstances or emotions, but it was a learning experience for me. The fact that “things are what you make of them” has really been reinforced to me, and I’m sure this summer I’ll be provided times when I can actually apply this, and choose a good attitude even in a not-so-good situation!

4. I want to form some great friendships with fellow believers. This summer couldn’t be better in regards to fellowship!

5. Lastly, I want to establish and/or improve these  life-long habits: prayer, daily quiet times, and sharing what I believe with others. Pretty straightforward, but very important.

So long, Nebraska! I’ll be back in The Good Life in about 2 months. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...