Friday, February 19, 2010

I don't know what it is about Johnny Weir.

Maybe it's the fact that I think he's just about the most beautiful man on earth...but maybe it's more than that. He is the one skater that has the ability to amaze me time after time and give me goosebumps even if I'm watching a program for the 100th time. Johnny Weir is outspoken, one-of-a-kind, a fighter, unpredictable, and just downright beautiful. I was fortunate enough to meet him and get his autograph (on his birthday, no less), but I regret that at the time I didn't realize how much I was someday going to love him.

Tonight he competed in his last Olympics and most likely the last competition of his career. His Olympic free skate is not up on YouTube yet, but there is a video of his performance at Nationals. Watch it. You will not be disappointed.

Beautiful Johnny

This post is to Johnny...for all he has done in the past 13 years as a skater and for bringing beauty to the sport that is so often just technical. You have so many fans who say they love you...but I love you the most!







1 comment:

  1. I agree, his performances are the only ones that give goosebumps, especially his long program this year. It saddens me to know that this might be his last competition. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...